This page is for the playable Mercenary. Click to view Dex, your teammate.
About the Mercenary
The Mercenary is a Class unlike the others; he is most powerful alone. However, he can be used effectively to give suppressive fire for teammates with a machine gun, but the short range makes that diffucult.
The Mercenary's weapons are very strong, but often his teammates are his weakness. When playing with teammates, you have to follow them around and protect them, which slows you down.
The Mercenary has the highest ammo stat out of all the classes.
Different strategies must be used with different weapons. With machine guns you can charge through an enemy, firing the whole time. Rocket launchers, you should keep your distance, otherwise you could kill yourself. Grenade launchers have lower explosive radius, but you shouldn't get too close with them either. Grenade launchers are very good when shooting over ledges or down stairs and hills, because you can shoot many, and the AI-enemies will not jump to avoid them.
- Character selection
- "I ain't got time to bleed"
- "Go ahead, make my day"
- "C'mon, try and kill me!" — when activating Bloodthirst.
- "Rrrrrrraaaagh!" — when activating Rage.
- "Hah hah hah! Come to Daddy!" — when activating Death Wizard.
- Aerogel Case — Medium armor points, armor slowly regenerates.
- Blast Plate — Medium armor points, -30% Fire/Explosive damage.
- Kevlar Vest — Above-average armor points, no special effect.
- Military Jacket — Medium armor points, +30% ammo.
- Titanium Plate — Lots of armor, -60% health.
See also: Armor.
See also: Soldier appearance.